Thursday, 28 June 2012

Singing in the rain...

It was really muggy this morning in an its-going-to-thunder way and I had to go into town so I put jackets for me and Faith in the bottom of the pushchair and set off.

There are three things wrong with this:

1. I put Faith's fleece jacket in

2. I put my Minoru jacket in (why oh why did it not occur to me that it would probably be more practical for a British summer to buy WATERPROOF FABRIC?!)

3. The only shoes I own, with the exception of the wellies permanently resident in the boot of the car, are ballet pumps.


It started spitting as we got into town and by the time we left the last shop it was pouring.  What would normally be a 15 minute walk took about 45.  Faith insisted on walking herself and despite my initial exasperation, it turned out to be the best walk in the rain I've had.

Faith always loves jumping in puddles, but we've never been in the rain like this before and she was in her element.  It was difficult to get pictures of her because of the rain and the fact that she was running, jumping, dancing and spinning all over the place, but believe me when I say that the smile on her face and her peels of laughter would make even the most soaked, exasperated, inappropriately-dressed-for-the-weather mum feel like a child again.  I didn't even care about the funny looks we were getting from people in passing cars (probably thinking we were mad or that I must be a terrible mother letting my toddler walk in the rain!), and that says a lot because I have been known to care far too much about what people think.

Anyway, just wanted to share my perfect rainy day stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment