Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Summer time!


The past few days have mostly been spent celebrating the long awaited arrival of summer.

Faith and I have literally set up camp in my Mum's back garden and have sat out their for two days solid.


While Faith has been playing, I have been scouring the internet and printing and bookmarking patterns and tutorials for skirts, tops and dresses I can make for our holiday.



After sorting through (and adding to) the copious amount of fabrics I have stashed under the bed and in the kitchen, I have set myself a challenge to use up all the fabric I have by the end of the year.  There is a lot of summery cottons and jersey that I want to use for holiday clothes, so I need to get started on it this week, which means that there should be plenty of sewing posts popping up over the next few weeks.  I'm really looking forward to it - I've not done any 'proper' sewing for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment