As part of my quest to use up all my fabric and make clothes for our holiday, I made Faith a simple stirred dress. Unfortunately the only elastic thread I could find in the local shops was black and as the fabric was so light I decided to cheat a bit.
Instead of winding the thread around a bobbing (which would show through on the front of the dress, I used cotton thread to stitch 13 rows 1cm apart and just fed the elastic thread through the channels and tightened it to get the shrewd look.
I'm actually really pleased with how it turned out. Even Faith decided she likes it now that its finished (she was not impressed the two times I asked her to try it on to check the fit, in fact, she said she didn't like it and immediately disposed! Aren't kids great at knocking your confidence!)