Sunday, 12 August 2012

Just what you want to hear...

...when you've spent the past week pouring your blood, sweat and tears into making a dress (that you aren't exactly head over heels in love with after all that graft) and you slip it on and show your darling fiance the finished article and his overwhelming reaction is...

It's fine, it looks nice

Aren't those the words that fill your heart with joy and make you realise that you really are the luckiest woman alive to have such an enthusiastic, encouraging, sensitive man. 

What do you mean sarcasm?!

(I do actually like it now, it looks much better with a belt - I really need to start accessorizing)


Anyway, even as I was sewing this dress, I didn't really think it was very me - I'm more of a knit girl than a woven girl, but as we were taking these photos I decided that I did like it, especially with the belt and heels, and it made me feel like the girl I used to be before I had a baby and tuned into a bit of a slob!

I've not done a dress anything like this before - princess seams, circular yoke, proper adjustments to the bodice.  The armpits are a bit baggy, but I'll probably be wearing it with a cardigan anyway, so I think I can live with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment