Friday, 12 October 2012

A sewing first!

So proud of my little girl today - she used a sewing machine for the first time!

Well, sort of (I'm not a completely irresponsible mother!).

I cut a sample of some fabric to see how it would wash and had to do a zig zag stitch around the edge to stop it fraying first.  Faith came over to have a look (I usually only sew when she;s in bed so it was all a bit new and intriguing finding out what that thing next to her dolls house is actually for), so I sat her on my knee and she held the fabric as it went through.

I'm pleased to report that there was a massive grin on her face as we were sewing and she wanted to do it again once we had finished, she seemed very proud of her acheivement!  And I was so relieved that she enjoyed the experience - my hope of a sewing daughter remains in tact!

No comments:

Post a Comment