Wednesday, 28 November 2012

A coat for Caitlin: Part 1

Word is getting around in my family that I am doing some unselfish sewing and on a (very drunken) night out to celebrate my Dad's 60th birthday, my step sister commissioned me to make a coat for her gorgeous daughter Caitlin.  Me being my idiotic (and tipsy) self said I would do it as her Christmas present - it was only a couple of days later that I realised Christmas is ONLY 4 WEEKS AWAY. Doh!

So now I' working to a pretty tight deadline with heaps of pressure to make it good - I feel a big responsibility to make it just right as Caitlin gets cold very easily so I want to make sure its warm enough but not too hot.

M6637 Toddlers'/Children's Lined Jackets, Pants and Mittens McCall's Pattern
McCalls M6637

I've ordered some purple ripstop and some waterproof fleece from eBay and the pattern and zip from Jaycotts so I'm just waiting for it all to arrive then I will be sewing like a maniac to try and get it done.  I'm hoping it will be alright without having to do a muslin and fittings - I don't want to hassle her too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment