After the coat muslin fiasco I'm going all out with my muslins now. I've just finished the Negroni muslin for my sister and have done a fitting. I've never sewn a Collette pattern before and I got myself a bit confused with the instructions in places but I got through it and I like the stlye and construcion of it - it was pretty simple once I got my head round the instructions.
I was expecting to have to do a lot of adjustments to get the fit right for Helen (it is a mens pattern afterall) but she doesn't like things too fitted anyway so all I need to do is add a bit of length and add some extra buttons as well as epaulettes.
Won't be able to actually make it until we get a chance o go fabric shopping though which isn't easy as she works full-time and weekends are difficult for me. We'll get there though.