Friday, 21 December 2012

A coat for Caitlin: Part 2

Well, I finished Caitlin's coat with days to spare.  I messed up the length a bit but as I was planning on stitching some trim onto the bottom of it anyway, I just added a few inches of fabric and stitched the trim over the seam to cover it.

I think it turned out quite well, all things considered.

I really must remember not to use fabrics for the first time on garments for other people when I don't have time to play with hem a bit first.  I would like to make myself a waterproof Minoru for the summer, so I'll have to get practising with the scraps from this coat.

I was so happy to get it finished in time that I rapped it up ready to go before I remembered that  needed to take pictures, so those will be added as soon as I get some!

No comments:

Post a Comment