Monday, 28 January 2013

A hooded wrap top

Last night I was in the mood for sewing but I didn't want to start a big project because as soon as I find that bloody buttonhole foot I need to make Helen's shirt, so out came 101 Fabric-by-Fabric Ways to Sew a Metre again.

It was another top for Faith, this time it was the 'hooded wrap top'.  It is meant to be for knit fabrics but I didn't have anything remotely suitable for it, but I did have some pink fleece that I bought on a whim and thought it might be a nice cosy cardigan-style top.  Luckily  had bought the matching thread when I got the fleece, but I didn't have enough of it to finish the edges of the top, which is no big deal seen as fleece doesn't fray.

I like the style of the top, but the gap to put the tie through is too high on the side seam and its a bit too short, but it wasn't until she put it on today that I noticed.  Never mind, it'll be fine when she's wearing a dress.

"Just one photo, Mummy"



2 comments:

  1. I love the cardigan and faith looks really cute with pigtails xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the pigtails look great for about 5 minutes until she's been rolling round on the floor and pulling on them! x

    ReplyDelete