Saturday, 2 February 2013

A clamshell bag

Well, sort of.

Its my step sisters birthday today (happy birthday Cat) and my Dad told me to 'just make her a bag' one week ago.

Apparently I am incapable of doing that.

I went on u-handbag.com and saw their clamshell bag frame.  Looked simple enough, which of course should have sent alarm bells ringing (when are you going to learn, Sally, simple is not your friend!).

I think the major problem was my fabric choice.  If I had used slightly thicker fabric it would have been alright.  As it is though, there is a gap all the way round the frame where the 'box' is stuck on.  And I couldn't for the life of me figure out a way to add some fabric to stop it opening too much.  And my gluing leaves much to be desired.



It looks alright, if you don't look too closely at it.  Its the sort of bag that would look really nice (and maybe almost expensive looking) in a nightclub, as long as you don't have too much to drink because then you would forget that it has to be opened carefully and all your stuff would fall out.

So, great bag for a sober night out.

Well, I'm being very negative, so I'm going to go away now and make something completely awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment