Sunday, 3 March 2013

A Mission Maxi



It was my birthday last week and one of the patterns I chose for Stuart to buy me was the Mission Maxi.  I know I'm a bit late to the party with this one (I always am), but I have to say I am in love with this pattern - the ease of making, ease of wearing, the design.  I can see this being my go-to pattern for summer.

Other than preparing the pattern (I usually photocopy my patterns, but I couldn't get to a printer so spent most of Saturday night tracing and lengthening it) it was a really quick make - 3 hours to cut and sew it.  And that three hours included numerous runs up and down the stairs to sort out Faith who was having the mother of all meltdowns.

I did all the sewing on my overlocker and left the bottom edge raw, partly because I think it will need another trim but mostly because why bother when it doesn't need it nor add anything to the garment?


I made View C which has a godet on the back of the skirt - one of the main reasons I bought the pattern.  I think I'm going to have to chop off the train and make it the same level as the front of the skirt - a train is great for wandering along the seafront in some gorgeous, hot destination, but not so great for dragging through puddles on the dirty streets of Lincoln!






No comments:

Post a Comment