Monday, 3 June 2013

Me Made May Week 5

I'm a bit late with this because my computer's playing up so if you want to see the photos from this week have a look here.

Day 27
Striped Renfrew again (third time)  I really wasn't in the mood for it today, I just wanted something easy to wear but didn't want to wear my dresses and skirts.  It was definitely a jeans day for me and this was the only me made top I could wear, just annoying that it broke my 'no more than two repeats' goal.

Day 28
Fail.  I did wear my minoru though

Day 29
Got the Thurlows out again.  Today was a shopping and batch cooking day so didn't want to wear anything I was bothered about getting dirty

Day 30
Wore my boring cream t-shirt again

Day 31
I got out my spotty Cambie for the second time


I did get me made fatigue the past week or so, but when i was deciding what to wear on Friday I got a bit sad that it was ending.

So, what did I learn from Me Made May?

1. It's hard
          I don't have a huge amount of clothes I've made and limiting myself to only wearing each item twice was really difficult to stick to.  It forced me to wear clothes that I never wear, sometimes making me fall in love with them (hello Alma) and sometimes making me hate them.

2. I loved taking part
          Being part of the challenge, especially the Flickr group, helped me find some great blogs and I have got a lot of inspiration from looking all the photos.  It has also boosted my confidence in my sewing - everyone in the group is really supportive of each other and I've had a lot of lovely comments about my outfits.

3. I need to make some basics.
          I said at the beginning of the year that I'd like to make myself a capsule wardrobe but haven't actually done anything about it.  It would have been much easier to find things to wear if I had a few basics that I could team with my rtw skirts.

4. Take pride in my appearance.
          I tend to try and dress down to blend in - I hate drawing attention to myself - but I've found that the days when I have felt more confident and happy are the days when I have worn my slightly dressier skirts and dresses


5. I use exclamation marks and 'awesome' far too much!

6.  They say that it takes about 21 days to make something a habit and I think that is what has been the best thing about this month - despite my me made fatigue, I wore one of my tops yesterday and this morning I was a bit irritated that I couldn't wear another me made (I've got lots of washing to catch up on) so I think I will definitely be wearing them more often.




2 comments:

  1. Hey, Here is a sweet surprise - I have nominated you for the super sweet blogger award! http://wp.me/p2yS5n-ID

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that, it really made my day when I saw it!

    ReplyDelete