Saturday, 24 August 2013

Of holidays and additions...

Oh dear, it's been a while again. No sewing to catch up on but Faith and I spent last week with my dad and sisters in Wales visiting my aunt and cousins. I haven't been up there since I was about 10 and this was the only holiday we are going to be having this year, so it was very exciting for us both.

There was lots of ice cream, paddling, animals, walking, pub quizzing and drinking. Great fun was had by all!

I was too busy enjoying myself to take many pictures but I got a few good ones with which to bore you with, so...
























My Auntie Julie and I bonded over our love of crafts (she used to sell things she knitted in one of the local shops) and I mentioned that one of my favourite websites had a shop near there. Well that was that, my dad was told that we were going to Abakhan the next day, that he was looking after Faith and that he was adding to the shopping fund (isn't Julie great!). So the two of us along with my cousin Claire set of to what ended up not being a shop but a little village of shops. I have never seen anything like it in my life, I so was overwhelmed by the amount of fabric there was I just didn't know where to start. Once I calmed down though I blew all my money and heaved a huge sigh of relief that I had left the bank card with Stuart because if I had had it with me I would have been in big trouble when I got home!

And this week saw a new addition to our little family:




This is Nacho. He's an 8 week old Lhasa Apso pup and is the most gorgeous little man I've ever met! Despite Stuart's adamancy (is that a real word?) that he would not be allowed upstairs, especially not on our bed, Stuart brought Nacho to bed with him the first night we had him. Not even just on the bed, he was under the duvet!








We're having lots of fun at the moment, he's a very playful little thing which also means he sleeps ALOT. In fact, he's currently asleep next to my feet.
Expect to see a lot more of him. But don't expect to see much of me for a while - two essays due in in the next few weeks are keeping me away from my sewing machines. Once those are out of the way though I intend to make a dent in the pile of fabric I bought in Wales.

No comments:

Post a Comment