Friday, 24 January 2014

Quick catch up

There's not much to show for this week - I have been really busy sewing and thinking about sewing, but progress is slow. At Christmas I decided to give some of my family gift vouchers saying I would make them something of their choosing and gave each of them a specific month that I would do it in. January went to my sister, Helen, who asked for a coat. We decided on the Style Arc Romy jacket with some changes so I've been working on that this week and it's going alright so far.

When I've been having a break from sewing the jacket I've been attempting to crochet the yarn I got in my goody bag from the blogger meet. I've been following a series of youtube tutorials for left handed crochet and am starting to get the hang of making the chains. I tried starting single crochet today but need lots more practice with it to stop it becoming a big mess.

We had our first challenge for the Wardrobe Architect project and although lots of peole are sharing theirs, I feel like some of my answers are a bit personal and others are just plain boring so I won't be sharing mine but It has been good to think about why I wear what I wear and how it makes me feel. This weeks challenge was posted yesterday so I'll be doing that over the weekend.

And that's my week. Still not off the mark for the ready to wear fast but I suppose that's a good thing - if I'm not making anything, it means I'm not missing anything in my wardrobe and I'm not coveting anything in the shops. I'm quite proud of myself when I think about it like that. Give it a few months though when the weather starts warming up and I'll be stressing that I haven't got enough time to make everything I need!

Have a good weekend!

 

6 comments:

  1. You are a generous person. That's a lovely gift for your family - and very clever to nominate the month. I've been looking at the Wardrobe Architect too and also visiting www.dressingyourtruth.com because I want to buy patterns and fabric that suit me. All planning and not enough doing this week but I haven't bought any RTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that website looks interesting thanks for the link.

      Delete
  2. Wow that is so nice of you to make things for others!! The only other person I would sew for is my sister, and I find it hard enough to make time for her. I've only made her two dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I'm not normally a fan of making for other people but Giving myself a deadline helped. Must say, I'm glad I gave them all a set month, that way I still get to make for myself so it doesn't become too much of a chore!

      Delete
  3. Love the dress you made for your daughter's fourth birthday, the fabric is gorgeous. Could you tell me where you purchased it? I've looked on the internet but can't find anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona, I bought it from my local Boyes, but I've checked the selvedge and it's called Fairy Castle by Fabri-Quilt Inc. I had a quick look and found a couple of places selling it:
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/390364255800?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=t&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/180939052038?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=t&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95
      http://www.remnanthouse.co.uk/product_view.php?id=2336

      Hope that helps

      Delete