Thursday, 15 May 2014

DI Craft Swap goodies

Last month Hannah at Dainty and Ivory started a craft swap which will have a different theme each month. The first theme was spring and I was given Sarah at Youngonesfive to send something to. As always I was racing to get finished in time for the deadline and I wasn't helped by the fact that the things I had ordered for Sarah's gift didn't show up in time (and still haven't arrived a week later). Fortunately I managed to substitute some fabrics in my stash for it so all was well. After reading her blog and stalking her on twitter, I discovered that she and her family are keen letter writers so I made a little writing set for her and put in a crochet book to help on her way to becoming a crochet queen.

I received a package from the lovely, and very talented, Gayle at Make Thrift Love Life. Have a look at what she sent, I was overwhelmed.

Faith was with me as I opened the parcel and immediately called dibs on the bag. She didn't look too convinced when I told her she could borrow it sometimes. I've managed to keep hold of it so far but I think it's only a matter of time before it finds its way into her bedroom!

Gayle also made me these lovely earrings and kilt pin. I had no idea what to do with the kilt pin but was immediately on google looking them up. It has been on my coat this week and it has had lots of compliments.

I keep meaning to keep a notebook in my bag to jot things down in because I always forget something so this has found a hom in my most used handbag.

The Matryoshka dolls have also reminded me that I have some fabric with them on that I need to use.

Thank you so much Gayle, I love it all!

This month's theme is 'geek' so if you'd like to join in have a look at Hannah's post for the details.

 

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe the item/s you ordered still haven't arrived!! Thank you so much for taking part! I love what Gayle sent you, I adore the knit pin, and the writing set you made sounds amazing, hoping I'll get to see pictures soon.

    Hannah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm fuming but their website says I have to wait until 28 days after I ordered before I can start berating them.

      Delete
  2. absoluetly brilliant - that bag is beautiful and you keep it close ;) the gifts you sent sound lovely too cant wait to see them!
    i'm really looking forward to the geek theme, and here is to many more months to come! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved my Craft swap. Such a thoughtful gift. Thank you so very much...

    Sarah xXx

    ReplyDelete