Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Anna

It's been a weird few months - a loss of sewing motivation followed by a sudden burst of it that left me with no time or inclination to blog, then we moved last month. I'm still working on getting everything sorted and depsite what I had hoped for, my sewing space is looking to be the last thing that will be set up. It's been awesome though and we're all loving our new home. I've got a few things to share, starting with this beauty.

This pattern has been in my stash since April. It was one of those patterns that I loved on everyone else but wasn't convinced it was very 'me'. After my Flora revelation and getting my hands on some lovely cotton lawn, though, I decided to give it a go. So glad I did. I've been wearing it loads in the last couple of months because it is so easy and comfortable to wear without losing any glamour points. I took it on holiday to Wales thinking that it would be perfect for days on the beach or mooching around if the weather was nice, but my dad had us all walking up massive hills every day except our last one so I was mostly in jeans. At least I managed to get some photos that aren't taken in front of a brick wall for a change though!

I was too impatient to make a muslin first so winged it and fit isn't great but as long as I wear the right bra it's not too bad, I just need to make a few little tweaks. I have surprised myself by loving the thigh high split which I only really put in to see how much I would have to close it up before I felt ok wearing it. As it turns out I was perfectly happy walking down the street with an entire leg out despite a little niggle in my mind about flashing a bit too much. I did add a few stitches to it before a night out - a split that high plus alcohol probably wasn't going to go too well for me!

10 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely Anna, the fabric looks really nicer& your photos are great! The fit looks pretty spot on too! Did you find it easy to adjust the bodice to fit? I'm thinking of making an Anna for an October wedding but am also not quite sure it's 'me' now, having had the pattern since it came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathryn, I didn't change the bodice but I'll be following the sewalong posts on BHL for the next one. Give it a go, I think you'll look great in it.

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! What's not to love about Anna, it's the perfect pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne, it certainly seems to be!

      Delete
  3. Love this dress and the fabric is so pretty. I have yet to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! Lovely Anna, the fit looks really good. I haven't made the maxi version yet but I would like to for next summer, it's a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have my sister to thank for the photos. It really is a great pattern isn't it, I'm kicking myself for leaving it so long

      Delete