Sunday, 4 January 2015

Goals

Hello! It's been a while but I'm (hopefully!) back. Things got pretty busy after summer and the blog just hasn't been a priority. I do have a few things to show you through the next couple of weeks though, so hopefully that will get me back into the swing of it.

I guess now would be a good time to share with you how badly I did with last years goals!

1. Complete the bombshell dress class on Craftsy - I started it last month but didn't have the attention span to sort out all the fitting required. I might go back to it, but I'm not in any hurry

2. Make a pair of trousers that fit well and look good - I didn't do this, but it's not a fail either. I just haven't really worn trousers this year except my jeans a few times. I would much rather wear skirts and dresses

3. Quality over quantity - make fewer things but do them well - well, I've certainly made fewer things and I think they're better quality

4. Complete Goodbye Valentino's RTW fast - check! I feel a bit of a cheat though as it didn't really feel like much of a challenge and most of the things I made last year are things I would have made anyway, with the exception of a swimsuit

5. Put more thought into what I'm making - pattern first, then fabric, and make sure it fits in with my wardrobe - no. Just, no. This was never really going to happen, was it.

This year, I just want to have fun with my sewing and be a bit more creative: I became so focused on wanting to have a handmade wardrobe that I lost some of the fun (probably partly why I haven't been blogging), there are only so many clothes I can wear, and I don't really feel like I'm getting any better.

With that in mind, and armed with the tablecloths from my sister's wedding, I'm going to practice a different creative technique each week of the year and will be blogging about my attempts every Friday and will try and use at least one of the techniques in a garment each month.

I hope you've all enjoyed the holidays, happy new year!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment