Friday, 9 January 2015

Squares project: week one

Week one was easy enough to do but I have no idea how I'm going to blog about them each week. There are lots of notes I want to keep incase I do the techniques again, but they probably aren't going to be interesting/relevent to anyone reading this. Some weeks I might just post a photo with a link to the tutorial I used, but some weeks I might write my ramblings too (if I don't put them here, they'll end up on bits of paper which will inevitably get lost).

I've started my little project with lattice effect smocking which is something I saw in a magazine ages ago and have wanted to try since but it was one of those things I never got around to doing.


All of my squares are 12" and the smocking has reduced this one to 7"x7" including a 1" border (roughly 60% of the orignal size) and using a 1" grid. This is the tutorial I used.

I do want to use this technique again but it's quite bulky so I'm more likely to use it on something for Faith rather than myself, I'll just have to make sure I line it so she doesn't catch all the stitches on the back.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment