Last night I was in need of a confidence boost and sometimes the only thing that does the trick is a bit of sewing, so I emptied my basket of traced patterns on the floor to hunt for something I knew would go together quickly, easily, and would make me feel good. Obviously the first thing I looked for was my Georgia pattern (a guaranteed feel good pattern) but remembered that last time I used it I messed it up and threw it out. At 10pm and in the mood I was in, I wasn't about to re-trace it so I made a Charlotte skirt instead using some African wax print effect fabric I got from Abakhan in the summer. I've used this pattern a couple of times as part of a dress, but this is my first Charlotte skirt.
I lengthened the waistband a bit to include a tab - I'm not a fan of zips that go to the top of the waistband. I was going to add a slit but completely forgot about it while I was sewing the centre back seam, so it's not as easy to walk up stairs as I would have liked but that's a minor detail.
I really love this skirt, and it definitely did the job. This was one of thoses fabrics that I loved but thought I wouldn't use because it's a bit to bold for me it so I'm very happy to have proved myself wrong.